Twenty years of Being First in DTS
Sensornet celebrates 20 years of being first in the Distributed temperature sensing industry in July providing valuable monitoring tools into Multiple industries.
Sensornet – Pioneers in DTS technology
We began life on 14 July 1997 as a Spin off from Kings College London. Initially set up as a consulting business to develop Distributed Temperature sensing for the Oil Well Monitoring area we quickly moved on to manufacture and full production being backed by Shell Technology Ventures.
Now part of the Nova Metrix group, Sensornet continues working closely with our customers consistently at the forefront of DTS instrumentation.
These partnerships have allowed Sensornet to be the world’s first in the following areas
- First to reach a range of 30Km in Multimode fibres in 2004
- First to provide a class leading temperature resolution of 0.04C in an oil well in 2006
- First to provide a portable DTS (Oryx+) for extreme conditions from -40C to +65C in 2007
- First DTS installation for LNG in 2008
- First DTS installed on an Offshore windfarm in 2010
- First Combined DTS and DAS system on a gas pipeline in 2012
- First DTS with ATTS unit for continuous self-testing and long term validation in 2013
- First SIL-2 rated DTS system in 2016
With over 600 proven installations in Oil& Gas, LNG, Power, Environmental and Geotechnical areas
Sensornet continue to put our customers’ needs first most recently upgrading to ISO 2009:2015 revision. This together with our strong platform of continual product development and innovation ensures we are very well placed to stay at the forefront of technology in order to meet our customer’s ever evolving needs in the diverse global industries we serve.